Sunday, July 31, 2011

Team Building Day

There are so many reasons why I love my job. In fact, I could write a whole separate blog about my job alone. But that's part of the problem: due to the sensitive nature of my job, I can't exactly share all the nitty-gritty details. I work in the Consular Section, where we handle all sorts of personal information about people who are applying for a visa, a passport, or some other type of service. I love the interaction I have with people, but I can't exactly take photos and relate the details of our conversations.

However, this week our section spent the day at an off-site location doing team-building activities, so I seized the opportunity to take lots of photos. And I want to share one of the best parts about my job: my colleagues. I work with some totally amazing people. See for yourself:









In our weekly staff meetings, we always start off doing a bit of yoga. I love that! And we kept up the tradition for our off-site as well.




The team-building activities were awesome. A brick-balancing tug-of-war required lots of focus, strategy, and, most importantly, *balance*. Apparently, the warm-up yoga didn't help me improve my balance...I fell off my brick like a 4-year old falls off a bicycle with no training wheels.



We had great food, too. I never get tired of dishes like Paneer Makhani, Daal, or Veg Pakora. Everything was delicious.





We ended our team building day with music and dancing. Let me repeat: music. And dancing. I've *never* had a job that included music and dancing as a team-building activity. It was so great. I definitely have the Best. Job. Ever.





At the end of the day, it was all smiles. And a few funny faces.




Did I mention that I love my job???

No comments:

Post a Comment